Taking Charge: Learning to Act with Intention as a Higher Ed Professional
About the Workshop:
If you find yourself inundated by demands on your time and overwhelmed by the relentless waves of decisions required of you, then this one-day conference is for you. “Taking Charge,” will give you practical insights to help you breakthrough the onslaught of challenges faced by you as a higher ed professional.
Who should attend?
- Department chairs
- HR Personnel
- Academic administrators
- Graduate assistants
What can you expect?
Conference presenters and materials will—
- Raise your level of self-awareness of how you take in the world around you.
- Clarify how you perceive others, and why.
- Explain how others perceive you, and why.
- Hone your communication skills based upon this new self-awareness.
- Provide insights into how to work more effectively with others on teams and committees.
Opening Address: Putting the “I” in Intention
Words and phrases trend and disappear. Yesterday it was, “Be Proactive.” Today it’s “Act with Intention.” But what does that admonition mean to the higher ed professional? This presentation will focus participants on where responsibility for “taking charge” and “acting with intention” lie begin within each of us.
What are the Takeaways?
- Finding Your Way: Navigating Life by Understanding Your Learning Self
- A personal Learning Profile that describes the learner within you.
- A month subscription to the Personal Learning Coach
- Lunch provided
The workshop will take place at the Larrick Church Hill Board Room on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University.