Discovering the Learner Within: A Learning Experience for All K-12 Educators and Student Support Service Providers
We all are learners, but we often struggle to understand how learning works within each of us. Discovering the Learner Within unleashes our learning potential and allows us to find our way as we confront the demands of learning within our daily lives. “Discovering the Learner Within,” will give you practical insights to help you break through the challenges faced by you as a caring educator or provider of student services.
Who should attend?
- Teachers (K-12)
- Teachers of students with special needs
- School administrators
- School leadership teams
- Student Support Staff
- Central Office Staff
What can you expect?
Conference presenters and materials will—
- Raise your level of self-awareness of how you take in the world around you.
- Clarify how you perceive others as learners and why.
- Explain how others perceive you as a teacher or administrator and why.
- Hone your communication skills based upon this new self-awareness.
- Provide insights into how to work more effectively with others on teams and committees.
- Enhance your ability to build positive teacher-student relationships.
Keynote Address: Discovering the Learner Within
In today’s world, we as educators must embrace the Number One Challenge that confronts each of us — discovering the learner within— for it is in doing so that we truly find the means to unlock our students’ power to learn, achieve, and succeed.
During the morning’s 90-minute Break Out Session, participants, guided by a facilitator, will revisit the central points of the keynote address and help participants apply them to their individual professional settings. As a part of this interactive session, participants will develop a Personal Learning Profile using the Personal Learning Coach app and experience the LML Advanced Learning System for themselves.
During the afternoon’s two 60-minute Break-Out Sessions, participants will have a first-hand opportunity to interact with practitioners who work with students to discover their “learner within.” Participants will receive practical information on how to use this process within their classrooms, clubs, athletic and academic teams, and student support services.
The day concludes with a 30-minute convocation and debriefing of the day’s experience. Certificates of participation will be available at the conclusion of the day’s wrap-up.
What can you expect as Takeaways?
- A copy of the text: Finding Your Way: Navigating Your Future by Understanding Your Learning Self
- A personal Learning Profile that describes the learner within you.
- A month-long subscription to the Personal Learning Coach app
- Lunch is included in the registration.
- Parking is conveniently located adjacent to the Fulghum Center.
The conference site is conveniently located at the Chesterfield Technical Center (13900 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, VA 23112).